Because of parent volunteers like you the success of this parent-led tradition is possible year after year.
There are so many ways you may give your time to the Potomac Auction, and every member of the Potomac community has something to offer—whether at home, at the office, while out shopping, or at Potomac:
While you are out and about:
- Solicit local businesses to donate items. Approach your favorite local businesses—restaurants, hair salons, clothing shops with the opportunity to give to the Potomac Auction. Click here for Auction contracts.
- Make telephone calls soliciting underwriting from local businesses.
- Contact new families to join the Auction effort
If you enjoy writing, you may:
- Write descriptions of items for the Auction Catalog and on-line bidding. THIS MAY BE DONE FROM YOUR HOME!
If you like to give your time and meet other Potomac families:
- Assist with set-up and decoration the week of the event.
- Assist with short term projects like mailings, addressing and organization.
To help with any of the above, please contact Christine Sharkey at 703-749-6362.
We would love for you to get involved.