The Potomac Boys Summer Lacrosse Camp is an instructional camp for rising 2nd - 6th graders of all skill levels. This is the camp for you whether you are new to the game or are an advanced all-star. Coaches will work with campers to develop individual skills, and an understanding of lacrosse strategies to use in games and competitions. Each camper will improve their skills through detailed instruction and drills, will learn to be competitive lacrosse players, and most importantly, will learn to LOVE the game of Lacrosse! All skills are welcome!
Michael Via, Potomac's Varsity Lacrosse Head Coach and history teacher, is a former High School All-American and a four-year starter at Hampden-Sydney College. He has 10 years coaching and teaching experience, and is looking forward to his third season at Potomac, having led the team the past two years to two conference championships and two state playoffs.
Matt Marriott, Potomac's Varsity Lacrosse Assistant Coach and IS Head Coach, brings a positive and energetic outlook to the field, inspiring young lacrosse players to work hard and have fun. A graduate of Furman University, he has coached in the DC area since 2011, and was the National Program Director for Madlax for four years.
9:00 - Camp Meeting
9:10 - Stickwork. Warm-Up the eyes, hands, legs and finish with a complete Dynamic Stretch
9:30 - Positional Stations (Goalie, Face-Off, Dodging/Shooting, Defense)
We will do very specific position breakdown and teaching of all advanced concepts. A highly qualified specialist will direct each station!
10:30 - Small Group (by age and size
- Drills & Competitions
- Evens (1v1, 2v2, 4v4), Un-evens (2v1, 3v2, 4v3, 5v4, 6v5)
- Scrambles, Break-Outs, Rides, Picks, Sliding. Compete!
11:30 - Pool time and Lunch
12:30 - COMPETITIONS AND GAMES!
- Team Drills: 6v6 Live Compete, split up by age and skill level
- Team Offensive Sets: On and off-ball motion, cutting, spacing, picking, Slips, dodging, finishing!
- Team Defensive Sets: On and off-ball defense, sliding, 2nd & fill slides, Angles, Talk, Breakouts
- Games: Scrimmages, Steal the Bacon, Sharks and Minnows, Musical Balls, Capture the Flag, Radar Gun, and more FUN!
2:15 - Daily Awards & Talks. Each day we will present one player with a Camper of the Day award for having a great attitude, asking good questions and working hard!
2:45 - Walk to Bus for Dismissal
Equipment needed by all campers:
- Lunch that does not require refrigeration and refillable water bottle
- Helmet with Chin Strap
- Shoulder Pads, Arm Pads, and Gloves
- Complete Stick
- Goalies – Chest Protector and a Throat Guard for helmet
- Swimsuit and towel
- (optional) Athletic Supporter with Cup