Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition for the 2021-22 Academic Year
Kindergarten–Grade 3: $39,150
Grades 4–6: $42,050
Grades 7–8: $44,850
Grades 9–12: $45,650
Per year, per child, full-time: $5,175
Per year, per child, part-time: $2,600
The Potomac School offers several payment plans and financing options:
Option 1: Full tuition paid by July 1
Option 2: Tuition paid in two installments of 65% tuition and 100% of fees by July 1. Remaining 35% of tuition by December 1
Option 3: Ten monthly payments plan (May–February) through FACTS.
Financial Aid Philosophy and Objectives
The Potomac School Financial Aid program's purpose is twofold. First, it provides deserving students with the opportunity for an excellent education that might otherwise be unaffordable. Second, it provides The Potomac School with a well-qualified student body that reflects a broad socioeconomic mix. To achieve these goals, it is our hope that tuition cost will not be the deciding factor in determining whether a promising young person may attend Potomac.
The Potomac School encourages families with limited financial resources to apply for assistance, based upon the assumption that the primary obligation for financing a student’s education will rest with the family. Potomac expects that families are willing to make what could be significant adjustments with regard to their use of discretionary income. Families should also be willing to access ancillary resources that may be available through extended family, work, and local organizations.
Admission to The Potomac School and access to the Financial Aid program is open to students of any sex, race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, physical attribute, disability, and sexual orientation.
- Parents who are divorced, separated, or have never been married must complete an application for each household, regardless of custodial arrangements.
- If all the children in a family are of school age, Potomac generally expects both parents to be employed and will use a formula adding a dollar amount to compensate when this is not the case.
- Because tuition assistance is based on a family’s ability to pay, the income and resources of both parents and/or stepparents must be considered.
- You should be sure to explain special circumstances in the area provided in order to give the financial aid committee a clear picture of your family’s financial situation. Failure to do so will lessen your likelihood of receiving financial aid and may affect the amount offered.
The Financial Aid office is available throughout the year for conversations about assistance for school-related expenses. If you have questions, please contact Claire Berg at (703) 873-6181.
The Potomac School uses the School and Student Services (SSS by Community Brands) to process our financial aid applications for both new and returning families. Based on the financial information you provide, SSS provides Potomac with an estimated amount that your family can contribute towards educational expenses. This service helps Potomac make fair and objective financial aid decisions.
Please note that the deadline to submit the Parents’ Financial Statement to School & Student Services (SSS) for admission applicants is February 1, 2022. The deadline for returning students is January 4, 2022.
All financial aid applications must be completed ONLINE.
To begin your financial aid application for the 2022-23 school year, please follow the steps below:
- As early as October 4, 2021, go to https://www.solutionsbysss.com.
- Click on the prompt to begin your Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS).You only need to complete one PFS, even if you have more than one child applying to Potomac.
- You will be given instructions about submitting supporting documents. All supporting documentation must be sent to SSS either electronically or by mail. Our office will not accept documentation. You will need:
- A complete copy of your 2020 Federal Income Tax return along with all supporting schedules.
- A complete copy of your 2021 return as soon as possible but no later than February 15, 2022.
- A copy of all parents’ 2021 W2s or 1099s
- Business tax returns (2020 and 2021) for families who own their own businesses.
- Additional documentation as requested from our office.
Financial Aid Contact
In order to best serve our families, we encourage open conversations regarding your financial situation. If we can assist you in any way, please feel free to contact our office!
Director of Enrollment Management and Financial Aid
Associate Director of Financial Aid