The events below offer an in-depth look into The Potomac School and its programs. To register to participate in one or more of these events, please make a Ravenna account and connect to Potomac. In addition, once you make a Ravenna account, you will have the opportunity to sign up for a Q& A session by division - offered multiple times a week. The Q&A is a small group session led by an admission officer. These sessions provide information about the division, the admission process, and leave plenty of time for questions.
Coffee and Conversations with Division Heads
Coffee and Conversations are a chance to meet our division heads and other members of the faculty. They will speak on topics unique to their division.
Lower School Virtual Coffee and Conversation Webinar (grades K-3)
- Wednesday, October 21, 10:30 -11:30 am
- Wednesday, November 18, 10:30 -11:30 am
- Wednesday, December 9, 10:30 -11:30 am
Middle School Virtual Coffee and Conversation Webinar (grades 4-6)
- Thursday, October 15, 9:30 -10:30 am
- Thursday, November 19, 9:30 -10:30 am
- Thursday, December 17, 9:30 -10:30 am
Intermediate School Virtual Coffee and Conversation Webinar (grades 7-8)
- Wednesday, October 14, 9:30 -10:30 am
- Wednesday, November 18, 9:30 -10:30 am
- Wednesday, December 16, 9:30 -10:30 am
Upper School Virtual Coffee and Conversation Webinar (grades 9-11)
- Friday, October 23, 9:00 -10:00 am
- Wednesday, November 11, 9:00 -10:00 am
- Wednesday, December 9, 9:00 -10:00 am
The College Counseling Process at Potomac – Webinar (all grades)
Meet Director of College Counseling Heather Deardorff and her team to learn more about Potomac’s approach and philosophy behind the college counseling process.
- Thursday, November 5, 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Justice at Potomac – Webinar (all grades)
Join us to hear about DEIJ curriculum and initiatives at Potomac. Moderated by Tamisha Williams, Director of Equity and Community Initiatives, and David Grant, Director of Student Diversity, Recruitment and Retention.
- Wednesday, November 11, 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Athletics Open House – Zoom meeting (Grades K-12)
Learn about Potomac’s athletics program and philosophy and meet coaches and student athletes.
- Tuesday, December 8, 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Financial Aid Information – Webinar (all grades)
Have questions or want to learn more about financial aid at Potomac? Join Claire Berg, Associate Director of Financial Aid Services, and Carson Roy, Director of Enrollment Management and Financial Aid, who will guide you through the process.
- Wednesday, October 21, 7:00 - 8:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 2, 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Counting the Costs: An Introduction to Private & Independent School Financial Aid for Families - Webinar *
- Thursday, October 15, 8:00 - 9:00 pm
If you would like to attend the event, please use this link to register.
*This event is offered by School and Student Services (SSS), the organization The Potomac School uses to process our financial aid applications.
Alumni Information Sessions
Please contact Director of Alumni Relations, Laura Miller, email@example.com, for further details.
- Tuesday, October 20, 7:00 - 8:00 pm (grades K-6)
- Thursday, October 22, 7:00 - 8:00 pm (grades 7-11)
Potomac will participate in the following virtual fairs.
A Better Chance (ABC) Virtual Fair:
Wednesday, September 30, 6:30 - 7:00 pm
Black Student Fund/Latino Student Fund (BSF/LSF) Virtual Fair:
Sunday, October 11, 2:00 - 5:00 pm