The Potomac School has three libraries: The Michael Granger Library (Lower School), the Arundel Family Library (Middle and Intermediate Schools), and the Engelhard Family Library (Upper School). The libraries’ primary mission is to collaborate with teachers and administrators to plan, implement, and evaluate instruction. By working under the model of inquiry-based learning, each of the three libraries helps students become critical thinkers, and skillful, responsible users of information. To this end, the libraries provide a collection of print and electronic resources that support the curriculum and new technologies in classroom learning and research. Additionally, the three libraries encourage and promote avid reading for students and the Potomac School community.
Technology at Potomac
Website and CampusNET
Potomac's public Web site is supplemented by CampusNET, our password-protected Intranet.
On CampusNET you will find:
- School news and announcements
- Paw Prints, lowercase and Midstream, our electronic newsletters
- School calendars
- Athletic news, schedules, and directions to games
- Parent, faculty, and student directories
- Divisional news and contact information
- Faculty Web pages with news, resource links, and homework (IS and US)
- Transportation and bus change forms.