Diversity Hiring Fair
Saturday, February 1, 2020
The Potomac School, East Ed, and Association of Independent Schools of Greater Washington (AISGW) are proud to host its eighth annual Diversity Hiring Fair to support employee diversity in the independent school sector.
It is an opportunity to find a fabulous fit by meeting over 30 independent schools and over 150 candidates in the DMV area. Everyone is welcome to attend the fair. Registration is free for all candidates.
Panel Presenters for 2020 Diversity Hiring Fair
- Amy M. McNamer, Executive Director at AISGW
- Julie Wong, Grade 11 Dean & Upper School Math Teacher, The Potomac School
- Kim Gayle, Grade 2 Classroom Teacher, The Potomac School
- Michael L. Davis, Trustee & Parent, The Potomac School
- Randolph Carter, Associate Director, East Ed
To learn more about the panel presenters, please click here.
The Diversity Hiring fair is open to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or other statuses protected by applicable laws. The Potomac School, East Ed and AISGW strictly prohibit all forms of unlawful discrimination, including discrimination in hiring.
Schools participatING in the 2020 Diversity Hiring Fair
Please click on the school name to access the school's open positions
- Alexandria Country Day School - Alexandria, VA
- Basis Independent McLean - McLean, VA
- Beauvoir, the National Cathedral Elementary School - Washington, DC
- Browne Academy - Alexandria, VA
- Bullis School - Potomac, MD
- Commonwealth Academy - Alexandria, VA
- Congressional School - Falls Church, VA
- Flint Hill School - Oakton, VA
- Foxcroft School - Middleburg, VA
- Georgetown Day School - Washington, DC
- Georgetown Preparatory School - North Bethesda, MD
- Gilman School - Baltimore, MD
- Gonzaga College High School - Washington, DC
- Green Hedges School - Vienna, VA
- Holton-Arms School - Bethesda, MD
- King Abdullah Academy - Herndon, VA
- Lab School of Washington - Washington, DC
- Madeira School - McLean, VA
- McDonogh School - Owings Mills, MD
- National Cathedral School - Washington, DC
- Norwood School - Bethesda, MD
- Our Lady of Good Counsel High School - Olney, MD
- Rochambeau, French International School - Chevy Chase, MD
- Sandy Spring Friends School - Sandy Spring, MD
- Sidwell Friends
(Lower School - Bethesda, MD | Middle & Upper School - Washington, DC)
- St. Alban's - Washington, DC
- St. Andrew's Episcopal School - Potomac, MD
- St. Anne's Belfield School - Charlottesville, VA
- St. Anselm's Abbey School - Washington, DC
- St. John's College High School - Chevy Chase, DC
- St. Patrick's Episcopal Day School - Washington, DC
- St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School - Alexandria, VA
- The Academy of the Holy Cross - Kensington, MD
- The Field School - Washington, DC
- The Langley School - McLean, VA
- The Potomac School - McLean, VA
- The Primary Day School - Bethesda, MD
- The Woods Academy - Bethesda, MD
- Washington Episcopal School - Bethesda, MD
- Washington International School - Washington, DC
- School registration is complete once the registration fee is processed.
- For a full refund, all cancellation requests must be received in writing before January 15, 2020.
- All cancellation requests received in writing between January 15, 2020 and January 24, 2020 will receive a 50% refund of the total registration cost.
- No refunds will be issued for a cancellation received after January 24, 2020.
- No refunds will be issued to the schools that are a NO SHOW for the event.
- In case of an inclement weather or an emergency the school will decide whether to cancel an event by 8:00 am. The school will post the information on the website and send out an email to all participating schools and candidates about the cancellation.
- In the event that the hiring fair is cancelled:
- all attempts will be made to reschedule at a later date;
- all registration fees will be applied to the new date;
- If the event cannot be rescheduled all participating schools will receive a 50% refund of the total registration cost;
- If a participating school cannot attend on the new date, there will be NO refund.
Please reach out to Shveta Khullar (email@example.com or (703)-749-6380) to request a cancellation or if you have any questions about cancellation.
The school registration for the 2020 Diversity Hiring Fair is now closed.
Please click here to register as a candidate at our fair.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 10:30 am-12:00 pm Panel Discussion/Q&A
- 12:00-2:00 pm: Career Fair
- 2:15-3:15 pm: One-on-One Interviews
*Schools will have an opportunity to schedule interviews in advance.
The Potomac School is committed to respecting and celebrating diversity. The members of our community represent a wide variety of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, and we believe that the presence of diverse voices and viewpoints enriches the Potomac experience for everyone. This commitment is articulated in our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement.
Please click here to access the the participating school's open positions.
This list updates frequently. We encourage all candidates to check back frequently to access the most up-to-date list of open positions.
Directions to Potomac
1301 Potomac School Road McLean, VA, 22101 - 3 miles from Washington, DC.
The fair will be in the Upper SCHOOL Tundra Building.