Books for the 2017-18 school year
The MBS book store open date is Monday, July 24. There will be free shipping for all books ordered on Monday, August 7 through Sunday, August 13 (midnight).
Upper School Students
The Potomac School has contracted with MBS Direct to sell new and used textbooks for students in grades 9-12. Schedules for Upper School students will be available in the Parent Portal section of CampusNET in early August.
Intermediate School Students
This year, the Intermediate School office will purchase all text books for Intermediate School students and the student accounts will be billed.
Upper School Student Schedules
Please log on to CampusNET and click on the "Parent Portal" link under the "Parent" tab to view and print a copy of your student's schedule. You will need this schedule to confirm which classes your child is enrolled in and which books will be needed for the school year.
Below is a general summary of how book orders will work.
- MBS Direct will maintain a current list of Potomac courses and the books/materials needed for these courses
- Student schedules will be available via the Parent Portal section of CampusNET. Parents and students will go to the MBS portal to purchase textbooks.
- If you prefer, purchases can be made by calling MBS Direct toll-free at 800-325-3252.
- Books can be shipped to your home or office. UPS is the preferred carrier; shipping charges are based on weight, and all options and related fees are visible at the time of purchase.
- To access the MBS website, go to: http://bookstore.mbsdirect.net/potomacschool.htm
MBS is offering free shipping from August 7-13, 2017.
If schedule changes are made during the first 30 days of classes, books can be returned to MBS Direct as long as they are in their original condition. (If the student has written in the books, they can be returned to MBS, but the books will be considered used, which will affect the refund value.)
If you have any questions about the MBS Direct service, please contact Antonietta Pilkerton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From June 2 - 7, 2017, you can sell your used textbooks to MBS, our online textbook partner. Go to the MBS website and enter your textbook ISBN numbers to receive price quotes. Bring your used textbooks and two printed copies of your price quote to the Book Store so that your books can be packaged and shipped to MBS. You will receive your payment via check or PayPal within two to three weeks. For more information, please read the buy back section of your school store's FAQ. If you have any questions, please call Jody Guarino, Book Store Manager, at 703-749-6364 or via email at email@example.com.