Diversity Hiring Fair
The Diversity Hiring Fair is scheduled for Saturday, February 3, 2018
We look forward to meeting with all the registered schools & candidates on Saturday, February 3, 2018 from 10:30 am - 3:15 pm. For any questions about the Diversity Hiring Fair please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 749-6380.
The Potomac School and East Ed are proud to host this annual event, which supports our commitment to employee diversity in the independent school sector.
Now in its sixth year, the Diversity Hiring Fair brings together many of the DC area’s leading independent schools and talented, motivated individuals interested in employment with these organizations. It’s a great chance for schools and job candidates to learn more about one another and potentially find a fabulous fit. Everyone is welcome to attend the fair, and registration is free for all candidates.
Schedule of Events for the 2018 fair
- 10:30 am – 12:00 pm : Panel Discussion/Q&A for candidates
- 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm : Hiring Fair
- 2:15 pm – 3:15 pm : One-on-One Interviews (Schools can schedule in advance)
Panel Presenters for the 2018 fair
|Caitlin M.Webb||Family Resource Manager, Latino Student Fund|
|Jeff Snider||Head of School, Burgundy Farm Country Day School|
|Jessica Donovan||Head of School, The Sheridian School|
|Julie Wong||US Math Teacher, The Potomac School|
|Torrye Parker||US English Teacher, The Potomac School|
Q Who is hosting this event?
The Potomac School and Eastern Educational Collaborative Resources (EastEd). We are committed to diversity in independent schools in the DC Metro area.
Q How much does it cost for a school to register?
The cost to register is $500. All registrations prior to December 22, 2017 will receive a $100 discount.
QHow much does it cost for a candidate to register?
Registration is free for all candidates.
QWho can I contact for more information?
Please contact The Potomac School at (703) 749-6380 or Randolph Carter (EastEd) at (202) 464-1996.
Q Will there be transportation to/from the fair provided for candidates?
Yes! The Potomac School will have shuttles picking up candidates from two metro stations (Union Station and East Falls Church) in the morning. There will be shuttles service available after the fair as well. More information will be provided to candidates via email in advance of the fair.
The fair is open to all individuals regardless of race, color, ethnicity, gender, religion, or other status protected by applicable law. The Potomac School and East Ed strictly prohibit all forms of unlawful discrimination, including discrimination in hiring.
- Alexandria Country Day School
- Beauvoir, The National Cathedral Elementary School
- Browne Academy
- Bullis School
- Capitol Hill Day School
- Congressional School
- Episcopal High School
- Flint Hill School
- Friends Community School
- Georgetown Preparatory School
- Gilman School
- Grace Episcopal School
- Green Hedges School
- Loudoun Country Day School
- Lowell School
- Madeira School
- Mercersburg Academy
- Montessori School of Northern Virginia
- National Cathedral School
- National Presbyterian School
- Norwood School
- Our Lady of Good Counsel High School
- Sandy Springs School
- Sidwell Friends School
- St. Andrew's Episcopal School
- St. Patrick's Episcopal Day School
- St. Paul's School
- St. Stephen's & St. Agnes School
- Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart
- The Field School
- The Key School
- The Lab School of Washington
- The Landon School
- The Potomac School
- The Primary Day School
- Washington Episcopal School
- Washington International School
- Upper School English (including IBDP)
- Upper School Math (including IBDP)
- Upper School History/Psychology (including IBDP)
- Upper School Economics/History (including IBDP)
- Middle School Math (including IBDP)
- Middle School English
- Primary School Art and Design Technology
- Primary School Music
School registration for the 2018 Diversity Hiring Fair is now closed.
Candidate Registration for the 2018 Diversity Hiring is now open. Register here.
All participating schools will receive an electronic resume book prior to the event. Registrations received by 11:00 am on January 26, 2018 will be included in the electronic resume book. Candidates registering after January 26, 2018 should bring hard copies of their resumes to the event.
Directions to Potomac
Potomac is located in McLean, Virginia, three miles from Washington, DC. Click here for directions.