Diversity Hiring Fair
Thank you to the 37 schools and 150 candidates who attended the Diversity Hiring Fair on February 4.
We hope to see you at the Fair in February 2018.
The Potomac School and East Ed are proud to host this annual event, which supports our commitment to employee diversity in the independent school sector. Now in its fifth year, the Diversity Hiring Fair brings together many of the DC area’s leading independent schools and talented, motivated individuals interested in employment with these organizations. It’s a great chance for schools and job candidates to learn more about one another and potentially find a fabulous fit.
Everyone is welcome to attend the fair, and registration is free for job candidates. We look forward to seeing you on February 4!
Schedule of Events fOR the 2017 fair
- 10:30 am – 12:00 pm : Panel Discussion/Q&A for candidates
- 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm : Hiring Fair
- 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm : One-on-One Interviews (Schools can schedule in advance)
Panel Presenters fOr the 2017 fair
- Lizette Corro, President & CEO, Corro Nobil Associates
- Malcolm Lester, Head, National Presbyterian School
- Richard Jung, Executive Director, Association of Independent Schools of Greater Washington (AISGW)
- Torrye Parker, Upper School English Teacher, The Potomac School
Q Who is hosting this event?
The Potomac School and Eastern Educational Collaborative Resources (EastEd). We are committed to diversity in independent schools in the DC Metro area.
Q How much does it cost for a school to register?
The cost to register is $500. All registrations prior to December 16, 2016 will receive a $100 discount.
QHow much does it cost for a candidate to register?
Registration is free for all candidates.
QWho can I contact for more information?
Please contact The Potomac School at (703) 749-6380 or Randolph Carter (EastEd) at (202) 464-1996.
Q Will there be transportation to/from the fair provided for candidates?
Yes! The Potomac School will have shuttles picking up candidates from two metro stations (Union Station and East Falls Church) in the morning. There will be shuttles service available after the fair as well. More information will be provided to candidates via email in advance of the fair.
The fair is open to all individuals regardless of race, color, ethnicity, gender, religion, or other status protected by applicable law. The Potomac School and East Ed strictly prohibit all forms of unlawful discrimination, including discrimination in hiring.
Below is a list of schools that attendED the 2017 Diversity Hiring Fair.
- Alexandria Country Day School Website
- Barrie School
- Beauvoir, The National Cathedral Elementary School
- Bullis School
- Burgundy Farm Country Day School
- Capitol Hill Day School
- Congressional School
- Connelly School of the Holy Child
- Edmund Burke School
- Flint Hill School
- Georgetown Day School
- Gilman School
- Holton-Arms School
- National Cathedral School
- National Child Research Center
- Norfolk Collegiate School
- Norwood School
- Our Lady of Good Counsel High School
- Randolph-Macon Academy
- Sandy Springs Friends School
- Sidwell Friends School
- St. Albans School
- St. Andrew's Episcopal School
- St. Patrick's Episcopal Day School
- St. Stephen's & St. Agnes School
- The Calverton School
- The Field School
- The Lab School of Washington
- The Landon School
- The Langley School
- The Lowell School
- The Park School of Baltimore
- The Potomac School
- The Primary Day School
- The Ten Square Group
- Washington Episcopal School
- Washington International School
Registration for the 2017 Diversity Hiring Fair is now closed. WALK-INS are WELCOME. You can still attend the fair even if you have not registered, however your resume will not be included in the resume book. Please make sure you bring hard copies of your resume and any other additional materials to distribute to the 37 participating schools.
The electronic notebook containing participant resumes was sent to the participating schools on January 27, 2017. Any resumes received after January 27, 2017 were added to the resume book on Feb 2, 2017.
Any questions or resumes (PDF documents only) should be emailed at email@example.com.
Directions to Potomac
Potomac is located in McLean, Virginia, three miles from Washington, DC. Click here for directions.