Diversity Hiring Fair
2017 Diversity Hiring Fair
February 4, 2017
10:30 am to 3:00 pm
The Fair is open to all individuals regardless of race, color, ethnicity, gender, religion, or other status protected by applicable law. The Potomac School and EastEd strictly prohibit all forms of unlawful discrimination, including discrimination in hiring.
Schedule of Events from the 2016 fair
- 10:30 am – 12:00 pm: Panel Discussion/Q&A
- 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Career Fair
- 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm: One-on-One Interviews
Panel Presenters from the 2016 fair
- Peter Barrett, Head, St. Patrick’s Episcopal Day School, DC
- Malcolm Lester, Head, Grace Episcopal Day School, MD
- Maria Borje, Latino Student Fund
- Richard Jung, Executive Director, Association of Independent Schools of Greater Washington
- Julie Wong, Upper School Mathematics Teacher, The Potomac School
Q Who is hosting this event?
The Potomac School and Eastern Educational Collaborative Resources (EastEd). We are committed to diversity in independent schools.
Q How much does it cost for a school to register?
The cost to register is $500. All registrations prior to December 18, 2015 will receive a $100 discount.
QHow much does it cost for a candidate to register?
Registration is free for all candidates.
QWho can I contact for more information?
Please contact The Potomac School at (703) 749-6380 or (703)749-6384 or Randolph Carter (EastEd) at (202) 464-1996.
Q Will there be transportation to/from the fair provided for candidates?
Yes! This year we will have shuttles picking up candidates from two metro stations (Union Station and East Falls Church) in the morning. We will also provide shuttles from the fair to those metro stations after the fair. More information will be provided to candidates via email in advance of the fair.
Below is a list of schools who attended the 2016 Diversity Hiring Fair.
- Alexandria Country Day School Website
- Beauvoir School
- Burgundy Farm Country Day School
- Capitol Hill Day School
- Concord Hill School
- Congressional School
- DC Prep
- Edmund Burke School
- Flint Hill School
- Georgetown Day School
- Gilman School
- Holton-Arms School
- King Abdullah Academy
- Landon School
- Lowell School
- National Cathedral School
- National Child Research Center
- Norwood School
- Our Lady of Good Counsel High School
- Providence Day School
- Sidwell Friends School
- St. Albans
- St. Catherine's School
- St. Patrick's Episcopal Day School
- St. Paul's School
- St. Paul's School for Girls
- St. Stephen's & St. Agnes School
- Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart
- The Key School
- The Lab School of Washington
- The Nora School
- The Potomac School
- Two Rivers Public Charter School
- Washington Episcopal School
- Washington International School
Registration for the 2016 Diversity Hiring Fair is now CLOSED. We look forward to seeing all registered participants on Saturday, February 6.
** Don’t forget to submit your resume via email in advance of the Diversity Hiring Fair to be included in an electronic notebook, which will be distributed to all participating schools prior to this event. Make sure to include “Diversity Hiring Fair” in the subject line.
Please note that the electronic notebook containing participant resumes will be sent to the schools on January 29, 2016. All resumes received after January 29, 2016 at 1:00 pm will not be included in the electronic notebook. If you register after January 29, 2016 at 1:00 pm, please bring hard copies of your resume to the event.
Email resume (PDF documents only) to: email@example.com
Directions to Potomac
Potomac is located in McLean, Virginia, three miles from Washington, DC. Click here for directions.